I don’t normally play blog games or spread memes, but I can’t refuse my favorite Penelope. So, okay. Here are five idiosyncrasies of mine:
1. I have a funny walk. I didn’t know I did until my friend Erlina saw a picture that Rama drew of us on his web site and told me she recognized it as me because of the funny walk. “I have a funny walk?” I asked Rama. “Oh yeah!” he said. It has been described as a waddle—a cute one.
2. I hate peas, but I like split-pea soup. I’m told that fresh peas are different, that I’ll love fresh peas, but I’m doubtful.
3. Sometimes, I start a letter by writing a draft on a scrap piece of paper (or in a text document). When I’ve written and read and re-wrote and re-read the letter, I’ll transfer it in nice handwriting on nice stationery.
4. Speaking of writing, I am always in search of the perfect pen, and I am protective of the ones I like. I purposely bring a crappy pen in my purse to give out when someone asks to borrow a pen. That way, if they forget to give it back, I haven’t lost anything precious.
5. I can get sucked into almost any movie on television—no matter how crappy it is. An example: Rama and I were supposed to go out one afternoon, but Gremlins II was on. After 5 minutes, I was hooked and ended up asking him if we could finish it before leaving.
What are some of yours?