1. Traffic. There are few things more frustrating than going 5 miles an hour on a major highway, especially when you realize that you live 20+ miles away and, if you continue at that speed, it will take over 4 hours to get home.
2. Cubicles. I actually love having my own little space, but I hate that awful beige office color that covered the walls. It just made me feel so blah.
3. Micro-management. That feeling that somebody is always looking over your shoulder — or worse, literally having someone look over your shoulder while you try to work. I much prefer working independently, and I think I’m better at it.
4. Meetings that go on forever. And ever. And ever. And you can’t even figure out why.
5. Drama. Enough said.
6. The Refrigerator Thief. I still can’t believe there are people out there who will take food that doesn’t belong to them, but there are. First it was my yogurt. Then, my salad dressing. I don’t miss walking to the refrigerator to grab a snack only to realize that my snack has disappeared.
7. Bad Office Coffee. Of course, I drank it. When it was a choice between bad office coffee and none at all, I took the coffee. But I much prefer brewing a fresh pot o’ really good joe.
8. Gossip. This isn’t to say that I never participated in it. In fact, I often lived for a good piece of gossip, but that’s exactly why I’m glad I’m no longer in an environment that breeds it. I like myself better when I’m not whispering about so-and-so and you-know-who. You know?